Friday, December 31, 2010

Treats

Every Holiday season, I always make it a tradition of mine to make something homemade from my kitchen. This year, I decided to switch it up a bit. I wanted to make something that I knew would tickle everyones taste buds. Rather than making Furikake chex mix and chocolate chip cookies, I made white and mile chocolate Oreo truffles and Furikake Crunch. Both treats were my first time makes, so hopefully in the future I will become a pro at it. My food processor broke so it was tough smashing the Oreo cookies to a fine consistency. It was also my first time tempering chocolate! The Furikake crunch is made up of broken pieces of Chinese Pretzels. I used the same mixture of coating as when making Furikake chex mix. Can you believe these things sell for $5.00 at craft fairs?!





No comments:

Post a Comment